To give the body an attractive shape, it is necessary to choose the optimal set of exercises that will affect all the main muscles. The standard workout takes about an hour, it will help not only to remove extra pounds, but also to tighten sagging areas. By the end of the first month, with regular classes, the result will be noticeable.
Warm up or heat up
Weight loss exercises begin with warming up the muscles:
- you need to stand up and pull your hands up - if there is a feeling of warmth, then everything is done correctly;
- then jogging in place is performed for several minutes;
- next - warming up the muscles of the body: from a straight position, with hands on the waist, bends forward and to the side.
The total warm-up time does not exceed 5-10 minutes. Warming up helps prevent accidental injuries during the complex.
The problem area needs more attention. The complex should not have one workout to pull this muscle group, an integrated approach to all problem areas is needed. Otherwise, there will be a distortion of the silhouette of the waist due to the strengthening of one press.
The following exercises are offered:
- "Twisting" - you need to lie on the mat, bend your legs at the knees and put your hands behind your head. During the entrance, the head is pulled to the lower limbs, when exiting, the body returns to its original position.
- "Reverse twist" - in a similar position, the legs are pulled up to a slightly raised head.
- "Lifting the body" - in a lying position, hands are behind the head. During inhalation, it is necessary to raise the body and touch your feet with your fingers.
- "Lifting the legs" - in a lying position, the arms are spread up and to the sides. While inhaling, you need to raise your legs and try to touch them with your fingers to the floor behind your head.
If the latter options are difficult to implement, then feasible workouts are initially selected.
Reducing the volume of the legs
To improve the tone of the skin and the disappearance of extra centimeters from the legs, the following leg exercises are performed:
- forward lunges - the front of the thighs, the buttocks are involved;
- thinning of the limbs to the sides of the treatment position - the inner side of the thighs is pumped;
- alternating lifting - improves the condition of the front part of the thigh;
- "bicycle" and "scissors" - the muscles of the inner and outer thighs are activated.
From a standing position, longitudinal and transverse leg swings are performed. To reduce the size of the thigh area is used:
- "triangle" pose from yoga;
- squats - feet shoulder width apart, socks apart;
- swinging limbs with a small amplitude when lying on your side;
- backward movements of the limbs from a position on all fours.
Strengthening the gluteal muscles requires:
- perching on the edge of the table and holding a small object between the knees;
- in a lying position, successively pulling the knees to the chest.
You can kneel and alternately sit on one and the other side of the legs.
Lifting arms and chest
As body weight decreases, the first to lose weight are the upper limbs and chest. Dumbbell training is used to increase skin and muscle elasticity:
You need to lie down on a bench or 2 chairs. Next, take dumbbells and spread your arms out to the sides, bending them and connecting them in front of your chest. The complex is repeated 50 times, helps to train the pectoral muscles.
In a standing position, various actions with dumbbells are performed. It is allowed to raise the arms up and down, spread to the sides and return to the opposite position at chest level.
Exercises for the shoulder girdle area include the following exercises:
- You should kneel and lean on straight arms. The inclination to the floor passes with the limbs bent at the elbows, then - return to the first position. A total of 25 approaches are used.
- Push-ups are performed from the table or the back of the sofa with straight legs and back. 15 repetitions are done.
- In a standing position, the hands are spread apart, kept parallel to the floor. Synchronous circular movements with a small radius are made, up to 30 times in a row. Later you can do a similar exercise, increasing the range of motion of the arms.
- You need to stand up, put your hands on your shoulders. Circular movements are made successively in each direction 20 times.
Training simultaneously strengthens the pectoral muscles, which allows the bust to become toned and elastic. Once they get used to the particular workout, they can make it more difficult with dumbbells. During exercise, it is important to monitor your breathing.
Permissible changes in the complex
Do not immediately try to perform weight loss exercises in full. Excessive load will provoke injury and deterioration of the general condition. The untrained body should gradually get used to the training process, with a gradual increase in the number of approaches.
Initially, restriction of motor activity is used:
- instead of running - long walks;
- all movements of the upper and lower limbs are performed slowly, with an acceptable amplitude;
- breaks are made between exercises - for a short rest;
- when working with dumbbells, it is forbidden to work for wear - a gradual increase affects the condition and appearance better;
- after training, you can't immediately move on to everyday affairs, you need rest.
After adapting to light loads, you can try to perform a full set of weight loss exercises. To get the maximum effect, patients should carry out regular exercises, review their usual menu and drink enough fluids. If during the classes you feel dizzy or dark in the eyes, you should interrupt them and rest.
All materials presented on the site are for educational purposes only and are not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. The administration of the site, editors and authors of articles are not responsible for consequences and losses that may arise from the use of materials on the site.
7 Home Workout Exercises That Will Help You Stay In Shape
Regular exercise is key to relieving stress and promoting physical and mental health. People who balance personal and professional obligations often do not have enough time to pay attention to their physical fitness. You may not be able to go to the gym regularly or run daily, but there is nothing to worry about. There are exercises you can do at home without any equipment that can keep you fit.
How to start training?
Home workouts require no additional equipment and are convenient because you don't have to travel to the gym. But there are also disadvantages in the fact that there is often a lack of motivation and systematicity for such training. What should be done so that training at home brings maximum benefit and pleasure?
Find enough space to exercise
It can be in your bedroom, living room or even in the hallway. At the very least, there should be enough room for the mat and so that you can stretch your arms in all directions without hitting anything.
Plan your workouts
Set days and times for sports and focus on them with an alarm clock or reminder on your smartphone. If you're having trouble getting motivated, team up with a family member or friend. Fitness tracking apps or workout apps and videos can also help motivate you to exercise.
Remember to warm up and cool down
Walking, cycling or running in place are great options for warming up. Light stretching and walking in place are good ways to cool down and get your heart rate back up after a workout.
Use your body weight
Bodyweight exercises, when used correctly, can be just as effective at building muscle mass as lifting weights. By varying your workouts and increasing the intensity or duration over time, you'll get the most out of them. Keep in mind:
- Use planks, lunges, squats, stair climbs and push-ups as an alternative to strength training with free weights.
- Increase the effectiveness of your bodyweight training by increasing the number of repetitions per exercise and reducing the rest between sets.
- Learn proper exercise technique to prevent injury. Watch instructional videos and read sources on the biomechanics of movement. It is very important to understand which muscles and how they work in a given exercise, with understanding these processes comes an awareness of the correct movements.
Home Workout Diet Plan
Eating before training
As physical activity increases, active calorie burning increases. The goals of proper nutrition can be different: someone wants to lose weight, someone wants to gain muscle mass, and someone wants to improve their health.
To lose weight, you need to be in a significant calorie deficit.
So what can you eat before a workout to get the fat burning process going and working for you? If you do not have problems with the health of the gastrointestinal tract, then the option of exercising on an empty stomach is available to you. Please note that such training should be of low intensity and not exceed 40 minutes in time. Be sure to drink water before and during this workout.
Most of those who do sports of moderate intensity and regularly do short training (no more than 40 minutes) during the day should pay attention to the correct water balance (400-600 ml an hour and a half before and 150 ml every 20 minutes onphysical activity). But for those exercising for 30 to 60 minutes, a snack made up mostly of carbohydrates can be helpful.
If the activity is planned to be longer or with high energy costs, then you should not worry about the calorie content of the food, the more important aspect here will be the time of the snack - it should be no later than an hourbefore physical activity.
Pre-workout meal options:
- A protein shake is the perfect combination of carbohydrates, protein and fluid to fuel your strength training.
- Greek yogurt with berries: The mixture is rich in vitamins and minerals, as well as carbohydrates and proteins. This will provide both a quick burst of energy (thanks to the carbohydrates) and long-term energy (thanks to the proteins) and also keep your muscles from wasting away.
- Carbohydrate Protein Bar: Make sure it contains macronutrients for optimal energy and muscle protection (many protein bars are low in carbs. Check product labels).
- Nuts. They contain a large amount of fat, but also protein and calories, necessary for increasing muscle mass. For those whose goal is to lose weight, this breakfast option is not suitable. Do not eat more than seven nuts an hour before training, otherwise heaviness and indigestion are guaranteed.
Eating after training
Training usually depletes glycogen. The first 30 minutes after exercise provide an opportunity for recovery due to factors such as increased blood flow and insulin sensitivity. This increases cellular glucose uptake and glycogen recovery. Give your body a big recovery boost right after your workout with these protein- and carb-rich breakfast options:
- Yogurt with granola and blueberries.
- Peanut butter or almonds.
Be sure to drink water as soon as possible after finishing your workout. It is an ideal sports drink that replenishes lost electrolytes. Such drinks are called "electrolyte". Isotonic drinks are also suitable.
Your next meal a few hours after your workout should also be high in protein and carbohydrates. Although daily protein needs vary from person to person, consuming 15-25g of protein within an hour of exercise increases muscle replenishment and recovery.
Post-Workout Diet Options:
- Whole grain pasta with tomato sauce.
- Whole grain bread with steamed vegetables. Fruits.
- Chicken sandwich on whole grain bread with cottage cheese and tomato.
- Roasted or grilled lean beef, chicken, turkey or fish with steamed brown rice, whole grain bread.
Exercises for home training
Burpees are great for getting your heart rate up and working almost every muscle in your body.
You work your lower body as you squat and jump up. Your core and shoulders are engaged when you're doing push-ups and when you're in plank position.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Tighten the muscles of the body and buttocks.
- Bend your knees and reach forward to place your hands shoulder-width apart on the floor.
- Extend your legs straight out behind you and immediately lower your entire body to the ground, bending your elbows so that your chest touches the floor. Do a push-up.
- Use your arms to quickly push your body back up while simultaneously bouncing your legs toward your chest.
Place your feet on the floor under the chest projection. Jump vertically with arms extended overhead.
You can modify the burpee by removing push-ups or jumping jacks. Or make it harder by adding dumbbells.
Gluteal bridge with elastic band
Performing gluteal bridges activates the gluteal muscles and strengthens the lower back, protecting the lower back from injury. They target the gluteus medius, an important part of the buttocks that helps stabilize the body when walking and running.
- Lie on your back, arms at your sides, knees bent, feet shoulder-width apart on the floor. Wrap a medium-strength elastic around the hips just above the knees.
- Tighten your glutes and abs and push through your heels to lift your hips off the floor until your body forms a straight line from shoulders to knees.
- Hold this position. Stretch the elastic with effort and return to its original position. Repeat the movement 10-15 times.
An excellent exercise both for an active warm-up before running or other cardio training, and for pumping the lower part of the body with your own weight.
- Stand straight with your feet together. Take a big step to the right with your right foot and bend your right knee as you squat your hips back to lower into a side lunge.
- Keep your left leg straight and chest out. Make sure your right knee stays over your toes and doesn't go beyond their projection.
- Push off with your right leg to return to starting position, and then repeat on the other side.
The exercise can also be performed with weights.
Pushups in Downward Facing Dog
This unusual variation of push-ups develops strength, mobility in the hips while squatting, and downward dog and rollovers from this position help with spinal mobility. This is a great bodyweight exercise.
- Start in a plank position. Palms on the floor, hands shoulder-width apart (or wider if you normally do push-ups this way). Shoulders over wrists, legs straight, body tense.
- Bend your elbows and lower your chest to the floor. Keep your body low, bend your knees, slide your hips back toward your heels, and extend your arms. Your knees should hang a few inches off the floor.
- Lift your hips toward the ceiling and straighten your legs. You should now be in Downward Dog.
Slowly move your body forward, returning to a plank position.
This is quite a difficult exercise. If you find this type of push-up difficult for you, focus on regular push-ups and work your way back up to harder ones as you build upper body strength.
This is an amazing way to build leg strength as well as strengthen your glutes and stabilizing muscles. When performed correctly, the exercise can also improve hip mobility and engage the inner thigh.
- Stand with your back to a bench or similar raised surface (at home this could be a couch or chair). Place your left foot on the floor a wide distance from the support. Place the top of your right foot on the support with the laces down.
- Brace your core muscles and bend your knees to lower into a lunge. Ideally, the left knee should form a 90-degree angle so that the thigh is parallel to the ground and the right knee is hovering above the floor.
Your left leg should be out enough that you can do this without letting your left knee go past your left toes - if the position is wrong, correct it by jumping forward or backward.
With support on the left heel, return to the starting position.
Swings with legs on all fours
All types of swings strengthen the tendons and train the gluteal muscles. Strong gluteal muscles protect the lower back from injury and help relieve pain during sedentary work.
- Stand on all fours, knees under hips and palms under shoulders.
- Bend your right leg and lift it off the floor as you straighten it back.
- Use your glutes to lift your leg. If you start to feel some tension in your lower back, don't lift your leg too high.
- Do 15 reps on one side and then switch to the other side.
It's a low-impact exercise that can be done almost anywhere using your own body weight or dumbbells. Gives tangible benefits in the form of strong glutes, legs and lower back.
- Sit on the floor with your back in front of a bench or similar raised surface (a chair or chair can also be used here). Bend your knees and place your feet hip-width apart on the floor. Place your upper back (shoulder blades) on the edge of the hill.
- Drive through your heels to lift your hips toward the ceiling while your upper back stays on the bench. If you are doing weight training, place it on your pelvic area and hold it during the exercise.
- Pause at the top and squeeze your buttocks.
- In a slow and controlled movement, lower your buttocks to the floor without touching it.
In any training, the main thing is the systematic approach. Tailor each exercise to suit your goals and condition. If you doubt the correctness of the exercise or feel pain, you should consult sports experts.
Weight loss exercises and expert advice
Together with experts, we figure out how to normalize weight through exercise and without harm to health.
Weight loss exercises
The process of weight normalization is always a complex work, which is based on proper nutrition and physical activity. Exercises are designed not only to help burn energy, that is, calories, but also to strengthen muscles, tighten the body and make it more prominent. You don't need to do them all at once. It is enough to choose the ones you like and repeat them as part of one workout or separately. Systematicity is more important: it is better to do a little exercise every day, alternating the load on different parts of the body, than the whole complex once every two weeks.
This is a classic exercise that allows you to train the muscles of the core, strengthen the stabilizing muscles, arms, legs, back and abdomen. The board has many options. For beginners, a simple format of the exercise from the knees is suitable, trained athletes can complicate it by adding dynamic movements. The classic plank is a horizontal position with an emphasis on the elbows or straight arms and toes. The body is a straight line, the stomach is drawn in, the press is tense, the shoulder blades are lowered and gathered. Do not round your back, keep the natural arch of the spine.
The technique helps to strengthen the abdominal muscles and reduce the volume on the sides. The vacuum should be done on an empty stomach, you can do it in the morning. Choose a comfortable position - sitting or standing. At the exit, you need to pull the stomach and then hold your breath for 15 seconds, keeping the muscles tense. Then relax them as you inhale.
Many people who want to lose weight neglect back exercises because they do not provide abs and toned legs. But posture affects how a person moves and looks. Strong back muscles allow you to withstand more serious physical loads. In addition, fat deposits also accumulate on the back, so back exercises should be included in training. For the entry level, inclines with and without weight, rows with dumbbells and an expander are suitable. If you want to lie down, train in a horizontal position: stretch your arms and legs while doing the Swimmer exercise.
The biceps and triceps areas are some of the most problematic. To keep your arms beautiful and toned, you will need to master push-ups or train with light weights, for example, with dumbbells. It is important not to overdo it if your goal is a small relief and the absence of excess body fat, and not heavy biceps. For the effect of fat burning training, it is better to do one exercise with cardio load and no rest. But remember that no amount of exercise will get rid of excess weight if there is an excess of calories in the diet.
Fat accumulations in the abdomen and sides occur in both women and men. Therefore, waist exercises are suitable for anyone who is worried about excess weight. Athletes include in their training a variety of planks and twists that can be performed from a seated position. One of the effective exercises for the abdomen is the dead bug ("dead bug"). To perform it, you need to lie on your back, raise your straight arms and legs to the ceiling, hold the position for 10-15 seconds, and thenreturn to starting position. The "beetle" has several execution options, including alternately raising opposite arms and legs. For complication, you can take weights.
To lose weight, you need to use an integrated approach and pay attention to strength exercises for individual parts of the body. The best exercises for the legs will be lunges in different directions and squats, where the hips and buttocks are involved. To strengthen the inner surface of the legs, it is worth mastering the plié. Exercises can be dynamic, such as hip thrusts from a lying position, but also focus on static movement, as in yoga.
Cardio training serves as the basis for burning muscle fat. The task is to use up the excess energy, for this different muscle groups are involved. For beginners who have not exercised before, you can start with walking, increasing the distance and pace of walking. If you're ready to push harder, do high-intensity endurance training with a trainer or at home. Cardio load is provided by swimming, dancing, sports, martial arts.